With roots going back more than 20 years, Infoplex was founded in 1995 by Mark Ramsay in conjunction with a small number of private investors, some of whom continue to act as non-executive directors. Infoplex's original activity was an early type of on-line hosting service offering accounting systems for small businesses who could not afford the costly networks and servers of the early 1990's, but still needed the types of systems used by bigger companies.
Most of Infoplex's accounting solutions are built around Sage's long-established TAS BOOKS brand, for which it has become the most successful third party developer. With over 85,000 installations, TAS is the fast growing and second most popular UK and Irish accounts software. As a result of its long experience with the TAS product range, in 2006 Sage invited Infoplex to take over the development of the SDK (Software Development Kit) for TAS. Called TASLink, this is now used by a growing number of developers of third party software to provide seamless integration between their systems and the TAS product range.
Infoplex is also an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) for Pervasive Software Inc, one of the leading manufacturers of embedded database systems for mission-critical business systems. Infoplex multi-user systems benefit from Pervasive's PSQL for all PC platforms: Windows, Linux and NetWare.
Infoplex's aim is to provide a unique set of benefits to its customers:
- Enhance their software systems, paying only for the extras they need
- Streamline their business processes
- Seamless integration of TAS with their other business software
- Achieve reduced costs by eliminating manual transfers of data/information
- Enjoy high performance multi-user speed and reliability across networks/the internet
- Ability to grow with their business
- Extending their options in line with their emerging business needs
- Add the advanced features they need without buying expensive high-end software
- Low cost of ownership
- Protect their investment by building on their organisation's existing expertise
- Capitalise on affordable and transparent pricing structured to match their needs
- Avoid the high costs and disruption of replacement software.