Make a difference! Help children, animals and entire communities in less advantaged countries.
A unique experience that is fulfilling, worthwhile and lots of fun and adventure.
Travellers is a leading international provider of voluntary placements and work experience internships overseas. We know this once in a lifetime opportunity has to be perfect. That’s why we strive to create flexible, uniquely tailored projects at exceptional prices. Choose from over 250 voluntary projects abroad in 20 countries, including Care and Community, Teaching, Sports, Work Experience Internships, Conservation, Marine, Language Courses, Cultural Courses, and Drama, Dance & Music plus some Study Abroad Courses and Projects abroad that are, well ... different!
Who are we?
Established in 1994 Travellers is a founder member of the Year Out Group with 15 years experience and a knack for developing exceptional projects with imagination! We know this once in a lifetime opportunity has to be perfect. That’s why we strive to create flexible, uniquely tailored projects at exceptional prices.
WHAT CAN YOU DO:
- Teaching – teach a wide variety of subjects to disadvantaged children – including English, Music, Dance, Drama, IT, Maths…
- Care – work with orphans, abused children, street children, children with learning and physical disabilities and adults. Available across the globe in some of the most needy and poor communities.
- Sports - Whether you just love sport, or you’re a professional – we have the project for you!
- Conservation – play a meaningful role in helping to preserve threatened and endangered species. A wide variety of worthwhile projects available.
- Work Experience Internships– professional & hands on internships in numerous areas, including Law, Medicine, Physiotherapy, Marketing, Journalism, TV & Radio Production, Web Design…and many more
- Cultural Courses – tango, surfing, capoeira, photography, meditation, yoga or martial arts to name a few….or become a pilot, scuba diving instructor or qualified paraglider!
- Language Courses –Live, eat and breathe the language in-country. It’s the best way to learn! Many languages to choose from, including Mandarin, Spanish, Portuguese, Tamil and Swahili.
WHERE YOU CAN GO:
Travellers Worldwide has projects in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Ecuador, Ghana, Guatemala, India, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, New Zealand, Peru, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
What we look for
Who can apply?
- Everyone is welcome - gap year, undergraduate, on a career break, or retired.
- All ages and nationalities welcome: From 17 to 70 or more. Our programmes are also open to all nationalities.
- Flexibility: Short-term and long-term, from two weeks up to one year. Tell us when you want to start and finish.
- No qualifications required: For most of our projects only a spirit of adventure and a sense of humour is required!!
What we offer
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN FROM DOING THIS PROJECT:
An exciting, never-to-be-forgotten adventure into your chosen country.
New skills, more confidence, a greater understanding of a different culture, invaluable personal and professional development.
An entry on your CV or résumé that will put you head and shoulders above most others in the job market
Experienced local staff with 24/7 back-up and support who’ll meet you at the airport on your arrival - helps you feel safe and never alone!
An in-depth Induction makes you feel local straight away!
A unique insight into another culture – see it from the inside in a way you could never do as a tourist.
An opportunity to make lifelong friends from all over the world.
And best of all ... an unforgettable experience!