We are working with a Management Consultancy which works in partnership with their clients to deliver customised solutions that resolve their most significant performance challenges. They do this by implementing game-changing programmes that drive concrete outcomes and unleash a lasting legacy of performance improvement. They provide the insights, techniques and skills transfer that make sustainable step-changes in productivity possible. Projects range from customer experience transformation programmes to complex engineering environments. All of them involve changing how companies operate, behave and deliver their objectives.
You will start life in business development, on the front line, delivering a key role in selling the benefits of how they can help businesses of industry leading FTSE 100/Fortune 500 companies improve performance. Predominantly phone based, this role will help to build your confidence and hone your communication skills. The environment our client provides is designed to engender enthusiasm and healthy competition, where you will receive the support necessary to achieve the best possible and highly consistent results.
A core philosophy of our client is to develop great consultants, and this means going even further than cultivating critical sales skills within our people. Great consultants need to be able to think critically, write persuasively, and present charismatically, therefore you will be encouraged to write white papers, blogs, give presentations and much more during your first 18 months.
Additionally, it allows you to get a real understanding of their business from the ground up, rather than being thrown in at the deep end on a client site from day one. As a consultant, the sales skills you develop in your first 18 months will be a key asset when you start delivering the performance improvements and spending time with clients. Essentially, our client is ensuring that you are fully developed as young professionals, with transferable skills and capabilities for consulting, before you begin life as a consultant. They want you to succeed – having the knowledge and experience already in place will ensure that this happens.
Whilst you will start life in their sales office, you will certainly not be chained to your desk. Due to the close-knit culture that comes with working for our client, you will have the exclusive opportunity of working first hand with the Senior Management Team. Impress here, continue to meet your targets, and you will be out of the office on more consulting opportunities, workshops, training courses and shadowing sales visits to the executives you are speaking with on the phone.
Our client's trainee management consulting programme is widely recognised for turning bright, ambitious people into expert management consultants. Our client is one of the most successful and forward thinking companies and their focus is always on delivering them sustainable performance improvements. By joining them, you will be giving yourself the best opportunity to fulfil your potential as a first-class consultant and deliver these goals.
- Must have previous experience in the working world; not including internships and temporary placements:
- Achieved a university degree, ideally 2:1, and strong ‘A’ levels or equivalent if taken outside the UK.
- A genuine interest in business and consulting.
- Creative thinking and the ability to seek innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to interact effectively with clients and build relationships.
- A high level of confidence (but not arrogance) and a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A team-focused attitude, with the ability to confidently carry out projects independently also.
- An aptitude for hard work and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Flexibility to adapt to change in a fast-moving, project-based consulting environment.
- Either living or willing to relocate to within 45 minutes of the Hampshire office, which is just outside Reading.
- Competitive salary, high OTE and additional incentives.
- Employer contributed pension scheme, Death in Service life assurance cover, BUPA healthcare plan.
Discovery Graduates are the managing consultants. All applications will be processed through Discovery. We regret due to the high volume of applications we receive; only those successful on application will be contacted for interviews. In the event that you are unsuccessful for this opportunity, we may still be able to help you and we will retain your application and consider you for other opportunities.)